Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fresh Start eh?

First and foremost: HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It's 2012, and look (!) we are still breathing.  Congrats to humans.

So I was MIA for the past 3 months or so.  I had good reasons: 1) I was caught up with work, 2) I was lazy, 3) I was caught up with life in general.

SO Here's a very shortened update on the life post-lsat:
  • Started a gym membership at the local gym 2 miles from me, the HAC, stands for Hockessin Athletic Club. Fancy place includes a full service SPA!, expensive membership. I sometimes go in for just the sauna and shower to get the bang for my buck. 
  • Went on a mini-vacation with a friend in Boston. Had a blast. Love the city. Nice young crowd and surprisingly clean and easy subway system. Will definitely go again. OH. and the LOBSTER ROLL!
  • Took a little weekend trip by myself to NYC to visit some old friends. Awesome time as always. Got a taste of NYC life, a lot more chill than I expected. Wouldn't mind moving there for school.
  • Spent a quiet and relaxing Thanksgiving all by myself while parents were out of town. 
  • Hit a few bars/clubs with my G-crew.  What happens in a bar, stay in a bar. 'Nuff said.
  • Had some quality fam time at Christmas. Got some awesome gifts. One includes a David Yurman ;) (yes. I am sometimes spoiled)
  • Had an awesome NYE with my girls.  Eating. Drinking. Talking. Dancing. Welcomed 2012 with lots of laughter and love.  
  • Also as part of my Xmas present, I got 6-week personal training program at the HAC.  Started today. One word: INTENSE.  I almost passed out at one point because my blood sugar and pressure got really low.  But it was overall a success.  I love my trainer, and I like the burn. 
That pretty much sums it up.

I know people always come up with new year resolutions and all, but I have never listed any resolution in the past.  I'm not one who sticks with the to-do list, so I figured it's pointless to list a bunch of things that I'll probably never get to anyway.  Well, 2012, you are different.  I will actually make a list right now and see where it gets me.  Of course, since it's my first time, I will probably go easy and be realistic.
  1. Do everything on this list.
  2. Be nicer, more patient, more tolerant.. give those people who cross me at least 1 chance to redeem themselves before unleashing my inner b*tch.
  3. Be more active.  Continue with the workout even after my 6-wk intense training. 
  4. Eat healthier.  I've never intentionally watched what I eat all my life. My metabolism has been blessed enough to take on any fatty, grease-soaked food I allow myself, but that's all gonna change! 
  5. Develop a better sleep schedule/habit.  
  6. Smile more at people.  Making others smile will be good for the soul, I always say. 
  7. Be more productive with my days.  Organize my things so I know exactly what I need to do, when I need to do them. 
  8. Take the exams and become certified interpreter for the Delaware courts. 
  9. Pay more attention to my personal finances. 
  10. Start dating again. lol.  (I couldn't think of any thing else) 
Per #5. I shall retire now and try to get some much needed rest.  It won't be hard to fall asleep tonight... 

*Notice I didn't list "keeping up with the blog" as a resolution... because I know it's probably an unrealistic goal.  But I will try my best (for all but maybe 2 readers out there ;)).


Until Next Time. 

Here's a pic of that Delicious Lobster Roll from Quincy Market in Bahhhhston for you to drool over.



4 comments:

  1. Cool! What David Yurman did you get? That's a pretty sweet present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's the bracelet, 10mm with turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see it! I got a Tiffanys infinity necklace, had to say that was the best XMAS gift ever! (after the burberry brit sheer perfume <3)

    Hope you accomplish everything on your list! Mine also consists of being nicer, more patient with the fam, being healthier with my eating habits, and smile, love, laugh more! And to make time for my friends as much as possible, like you two =D May 2012 be the luckiest year for us dragon girls!

    ReplyDelete