It's late, I just finished a full-length LSAT practice test and I'm beat. But I wanted to update even though no one is reading (it's probably better this way anyway).
My mind wonders during the day due to lack of work assignments, but I still have to pretend to look like I'm busy in the office so they don't fire me... ya know how that goes. My boss was nice enough to let me have Wednesdays off until my test day, as long as I work enough during other days to make 40-hr work week. So it's been REALLY tough trying to fill the hours. By tough I mean I have to constantly get up and walk around and pretend that I'm going to important places doing important things; I always have to have papers scattered on my desk to look like I'm actually doing stuff; I have to be careful not to get caught going on social networking sites; basically just a lot of acting. Some people may say "hey, what are you complaining about? you get paid for doing nothing!" uhhhh, it ain't that easy. They obviously have no idea how hard it is to watch a youtube video without watching it.
Anyhoo... back on track. So when my mind wonders, I think about a lot of life decision related things... like what should my step in life be? Get a new job? Get a boyfriend? Get a dog? What??!? And there are the Q's like "what do I really want?" As I thought about all this, I came to the conclusion that I really haven't worked hard on any thing in my life. Everything has been pretty much handed to me. I've never had real obstacles. So maybe that's why I've never really appreciated the things I do have. There's a Chinese proverb, which basically translates to "All good things are hard to come by". By "all good things", it means things that bring the most joy in life and are irreplaceable. So I think to myself (in LSAT formal logic terms OF COURSE) that since most of the things I have now were all very easily obtained, they must not be life's treasures. I don't know why, but it just motivates me to actually put in a little bit more work than before towards achieving my next goal: kicking stupid lsat in the rear.
Of course, other great motivators include: future traveling plans, paid vacations, finally being able to see my beloved friends, eat out, get a new car (cross my fingers and hoping mommy dearest would help me in the finance department), and most importantly NEVER THINK ABOUT THIS SHIT AGAIN FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE.
So here's to me sucking it up for the next three weeks. I may bitch and moan, but it'll all be temporary!
I know EXACTLY how you feel in your first three paragraphs! We should talk sometime--I have many stories :)
ReplyDelete